Write for Us
What do we want?
We publish new words – short stories, poems, life writing, memoir, travel writing, food writing and more. These forms can be combined, played with, deconstructed and all can be completely fictive - we only ask that your writing is bold and original.
How does it work?
Features and essays - Email us a pitch or synopsis of 75 words
Stories - Email your short stories to us we’ll read and respond to submissions as they come in
Poems - Email up to four poems
We will read all submissions and get back with our decisions within four weeks. Please send your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's in it for you?
We are an ‘independent’ magazine which means that we are entirely dependent on our writers, readers and subscribers. We can’t currently pay our contributors but, in the meantime, we can promise to read your work carefully, publish it in the best way possible and host a great launch event for each issue.
- To hit our deadlines we have to give you one, so please send us your work no later than the 31st October 2017.
- Fiction/non-fiction submissions may range between 500 and 2000 words
- Poems - we will consider submissions of up to four poems
- We can’t accept work that has previously been published in print or online
- Please include your full contact details on a separate cover sheet with each submission
Are you a poet?
IOTA SHOT Pamphlet Award is back. Submit your poetry manuscript for the chance to have it published as a pamphlet alongside a London launch event at Keats House. Click here for details on how to enter.