Got something to say?
We publish new words – short stories, poems, life writing, memoir, travel writing, food writing and more. These forms can be combined, played with, deconstructed and all can be completely fictive - we only ask that your writing is bold and original.
We want to see excellent new writing. If you have work to offer please send it to our editorial team.
How does it work?
· Features and essays - Email us a pitch or synopsis of 75 words
· Stories - Email your short stories to us we’ll read and respond to submissions as they come in
· Poems - Email up to four poems
· We will get back with our decisions within four weeks
· Please send your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's in it for you?
IOTA MAGAZINE will publish the best work from each submission round
· Three issues each year
· We’ll have a great launch event for each issue
We are an ‘independent’ magazine which means that we are entirely dependent on our writers, our readers and subscribers. We can’t currently pay our contributors but, in the meantime, we can promise to read your work carefully, publish it in the best way possible and present a great launch event for each issue.
· To hit our deadlines we have to give you one, so please send us your work no later than the 31st October.
· Fiction/non-fiction submissions may range between 500 and 2000 words
· Poems - we will consider submissions of up to four poems
· We can’t accept work that has previously been published in print or online
· Please include your full contact details on a separate cover sheet with each submission
Thanks to Arts Council England for their support.